Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year 2007, new hope

Happy new year 2007 to you all,

As promised, I will write about my holiday in Singapore. To summarize, basically the purpose of this holiday was to have our wedding dinner with our family and relatives, we got married in Melbourne back in March 2006, but most relatives were not able to come to Melbourne.

OK, let's see, what did we do? Hmm.... nothing much to do in S'pore, apart from eating at hawker centres and shopping. Oh yes, shopping. What else! Ah... of course had to arrange the dinner stuff too.

I bought some clothing and shoes, although wanted to get some electronic stuff, but that's beyond our budget, so in the end, I exercised some self-control on myself. How much did we spend? Well, I can tell you I don't need to buy new shoes and clothes for the next few years, hehehe....

The food there was cheap and good, right now sitting on the computer, I can see a little bit of tummy... that's bad!!!! Must do a lot of sit-ups later, hopefully I can get back my six packs in the next few days. That's a bit too over confident, but yeah, I don't want to spend anymore money on new bigger pants, that's for sure.

Went to Sim Lim Square and Funan Centre where all shops sell electronics and IT stuff. As I was browsing and checking prices, my wife told me: "Now I know how you feel when you go shopping with me." Obviously she was bored, hahaha..... Anyway, the IT equipments there are not that cheap, because I compared the prices with Melbourne, and they're very similar, the difference is only few dollars after conversion to Aussie dollars. In fact, some things are cheaper here, although there are some things cheaper there. That's why I decided not to buy things, apart from the budget.

Finally we bought a new Fuji digital camera, with 3" LCD. I think we got it at a pretty good deal, although I'm yet to compare the price with Australia. I hope it's cheaper, but even if it's not, it's too late now...

Overall, I can say that this is a pretty relaxing and enjoyable holiday, since my wife's family is there, I can see Singapore will be a regular travel destination in the future.

See you soon, sign off now.

-J-


No comments: