Monday, May 01, 2006

Attitude.... is everything

Do you know that God is in attitude making business? He wants us to have a good attitude in life, when facing problems, He still wants us to have a good attitude. Don't believe me?

We can see throughout the bible about attitudes of the people, whether good or bad attitude, that somehow would cause God's favour to be upon them or not. Do you know why it took 40 years for the Israelites to enter Canaan the promised land? It's not that it's far away, in fact, if I'm correct, the distance between Egypt and Canaan was about few weeks on foot. The answer is because they have very bad attitudes, they complained to Moses all the times, oh yes, they rejoiced when God performed miracles such as parting the Red sea, food fell down from the sky, water gushed out from stones, but after a while, they got used to it and complained and whinged.

Sometimes I think myself a bit like that, God has delivered me from Egypt (sin), and He is leading me to the promised land, although I am not there yet, I know I don't want to wait for 40 years to get there.

In Numbers 14:26-29 it says:
Then the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, "How long will this wicked nation complain about me? I have heard everything the Israelites have been saying. Now tell them this: `As surely as I live, I will do to you the very things I heard you say. I, the LORD, have spoken! You will all die here in this wilderness!

Wow!!! That's God speaking!!! As for me, I can tell you I don't want to die in the wilderness, I want to go to the promised land for sure!

In Ephesians 4:20-23 , Paul was teaching about how we should live as children of light:
But that isn't what you were taught when you learned about Christ. Since you have heard all about him and have learned the truth that is in Jesus, throw off your old evil nature and your former way of life, which is rotten through and through, full of lust and deception. Instead, there must be a spiritual renewal of your thoughts and attitudes.

Read the whole chapter 4 if you want, but further down to verse 31 and 32, he said:
Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of malicious behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.

Proverbs 14:30 says:
A relaxed attitude lengthens life; jealousy rots it away.

Jesus said in John 16:33 "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world". Other translations of the Bible said for the words "take heart" is "be of good cheer!"

Last verse, Phillipians 2:14-15:
In everything you do, stay away from complaining and arguing, so that no one can speak a word of blame against you. You are to live clean, innocent lives as children of God in a dark world full of crooked and perverse people. Let your lives shine brightly before them.

Anyway, no matter what we are facing everyday, let me challenge you to face it with a good attitude, it may not be easy, you may think it's impossible, but God says: All things are possible with God.

God bless you.

No comments: