Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Gift?! How about the Giver?

We all love to receive gifts, don't we? I certainly do. But too often, we focus too much on the gift instead of the person who gives. As the matter of fact, we often forget to thank that person. Even Jesus himself experienced this, in Luke chapter 17 verses 11-17 the story tells us that Jesus healed 10 men from leprosy, but only 1 man came back and thanked him.

I just wanna take this time to thank God, we've been planning to have baby, and now my wife is 6 weeks pregnant! It's my prayer when the baby comes out, in the midst of the busyness, I will still take time to thank God for all the things he has given me.

If you're reading this blog, may I ask that you'll take few seconds to pray for us, for the baby that it will be a healthy baby, pray for Wendy especially, she's not been feeling good at all, there's this thing called morning sickness...

This gift of life comes only from our Father in heaven, and now I'd like to declare Psalm 139 over our baby:
13
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16 You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.
17
How precious are your thoughts about me,[b] O God.
They cannot be numbered!

-jr-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excited for you both! Just wanted to let u know that we're constantly praying for you guys as u enter into this new experience of life.