Thursday, April 10, 2008

Time out!

We all need a break regularly, that's why God created one day for us to rest, in this western culture, most people have the luxury of having Saturday and Sunday off. Not where I came from though. 

Originally from Indonesia, most people there work 6 days a week, and even when I was in primary and secondary school, our classes were 6 days a week. I guess it's a good thing to have couple of days to rest, but do we actually use these 2 days for rest? Even God uses one day to rest after he created the universe, in Genesis 2:2 it says: "On the seventh day God had finished his work of creation, so he rested from all his work."

I really believe that we can only find our true rest in God alone, Psalms 91:1 says: Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Jesus confirmed this in Matthew 11:28-29 when He said: "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

If you haven't taken a time out from your work, busyness, life, relationships etc, it's time to take a rest and be restored by the Almighty God. Hope you will be blessed today.

-jr-

No comments: