Sunday, September 30, 2007

How great is our God??

Can you describe how great our God is? I bought a DVD from Louie Giglio titled "How great is our God", after watching this, I am totally speechless, no words came out from my mouth for a while, because I was soooo awestruck by this presentation about our God. No words can describe His greatness. My perspective of Him has totally been changed. Like John the Baptist said, He must increase and I must decrease!

Showed the DVD to the lifegroup on Friday, all of us (including me watching for second time) were left speechless (again) .... I didn't know what to say to the group (me a leader don't know what to say... hmmm....) for few seconds, we ended up praying for one another.

We all have made God too small in our lives, by magnifying our problems, our cares in this life, our goals, our careers, our finances, instead of magnifying Him. Pause for few minutes....

As I typed these next lines, I was playing Passion '06 DVD borrowed from a friend, there was an old song: Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace. I had to pause and lifted my hands in front of my TV and joined the crowd worshiping Him.

It's true, all the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace, the Bible says that our lives is just a vapor that appears for a little time, then vanishes away (James 4:14). But even so, this vapor matters to God, He wants to give us hope, strength, new beginnings no matter what we've been through. Isaiah 40:28-31 says:
28
Have you never heard? Have you never understood?
The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth.
He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
29 He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.
30 Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion.
31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.

It's my prayer as you read this blog, that your perspective of God will be changed, but if you can get a copy of "How great is our God" DVD from Louie Giglio, that will totally change the way you see things in life, and the way you see about God.

Have a great week ahead, may God bless you and protect you and keep you from falling.

-jr-


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent message. Our God is an awesome and gracious loving God. His love never fails us! Hope in Jesus never disappoints. You're so right on what you wrote on Mark's blog. People don't care how much you know until you show them how much you care. Knowledge puffs up. We need to follow Jesus' example & share His love to bless others. God bless you and your lovely wife abundantly. Have a wonderful week in the joy of the Lord...

Much Love in Christ, Marija